Published on Thursday, 06 May 2010 13:32
WECRD Facts/Accomplishments in the Past Ten Years;
Positioning Western Elmore County to Build a Sustainable Family Recreation Center
Land is owned
- 20 acres perfectly located within walking distance of 2,500 students
- Property has been annexed into the city of Mountain Home
- Less than 1 mile from I-84 and American Legion Blvd.
- Across from Jr. High (site of future H.S.), H.S. football field and track, 20 acre outdoor sports park
- Less than a mile from significant shopping and medical care facilities
Financially positioned for construction with saved revenue
- WECRD has saved over $1.7 M to date from tax revenues, all in anticipation of construction of a recreation center.
- WECRD anticipates another $200,000 July 2011 in tax revenue.
- WECRD has been awarded $294,000 in 2008 and $285,000 in 2009 in Federal Appropriations for the project.
- Environmental Assessment has been completed for release of federal funds.
- WECRD is audited annually
Revenue Stream Available to Insure Sustainability
- Annual revenue approximately $400,000
Recreation Foundation of Elmore County 501(c) 3 is receiving donations: Offers historical tapestry Afghans for $50 donations at business locations
- Received $10,000 donation in January 2009 for construction of recreation center
- Governed with by-laws and Internal Revenue regulations
- Independent body dedicated to assisting the WECRD to build a recreation center
- Membership separate from the WECRD Board of Directors
Site Is Ready for Construction:
- No demolition needed
- Survey completed by Waite Land Surveying
- Fill calculated (fill is available from same property)
- Footprint designed
- According to the City Engineer, the water and sewer infrastructure is easily accessible and costs have been calculated
- Annexed to the City of Mountain Home on May 10, 2010
- Land has 20 shares of irrigation water rights
- Land is spacious enough to accommodate a wide range of additional outdoor recreation
- To satisfy HUD requirements for the receipt of federal money the WECRD has completed a full Environmental Assessment performed by Bionomics Engineering. (Bionomics fee was reduced nearly 50% for the WECRD)
Past Professional Operation Analysis Indicates Sustainability…
CLDC/YMCA Market Study completed in 2010
Next step with CLDC/YMCA is to conduct the Capital Campaign Feasibility Study in 2011